RSS

Monday, January 25, 2010

My Music Video of the Week: "Her Words Destroyed My Planet" by Motion City Soundtrack



Motion City Soundtrack band members terrorize, then dominate a grade school science fair.

Remember those science fairs in school? The ones where you'd make vinegar and baking soda volcanoes and an accompanying tri-fold in the hopes of winning a prize ribbon? Well, just be thankful that you didn't grow up in the same community as the guys from Motion City Soundtrack. This music video of the song "Her Words Destroyed My Planet" off of their recently released album, My Dinosaur Life, has a lot going on. There is a gymnasium invasion, a variety of over the top science projects (including my favorite, the "Theory of Everything"), and even a little surprise in the final 30 seconds or so.

As a band, Motion City Sound Track is somewhat of an acquired taste. Featuring punk-pop guitars, some synth elements, and a healthy dose of pop culture references, their style is very eclectic. Still, I have heard mostly good things about this latest album (Produced by Mark Hoppus). And having seen them put on a good show live, I have a good amount of personal respect for them. I always respect a band or artist that can perform well live. You know, as opposed to this.       

No comments:

Post a Comment